Friday, February 22, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up!!! :(

Wow! Joshua is growing up so fast. I just can't even believe it. So next Tues. is his first day of pre-school/mother's morning out and boy am I having a time with this. It never occurred to me that I would be so emotional about him going. I cried all day off and on yesterday and I haven't even dropped him off yet. I feel like time, his age, and life is just taking him away from me. I don't want him to grow up. Sometimes I wish he could stay little. But that's life. I know I sound crazy but I also know that many of you other mom's have probably gone through this very same thing.
I know that I'm doing the right thing though by putting him in this program. Not only will I be a better mom b/c of the time away from him but it will also be healthy for him. His social skills and independence will increase. I would love to hear your stories of what it was like for you so say a little prayer for me and share your experiences. :)

3 comments:

newmanfamily said...

It will be hard to begin with but the time will fly by believe me. I am always amazed that it is already time to pick John up. I usually end up picking him up about 10-15 minutes early as it is. Enjoy your time alone!!
Lori

Jawan said...

Jennifer, I'll be praying for your heart as you enter this new "Phase" next week. I'll pray for Joshua, too. Know that the first week may be the hardest for both of you but IT WILL GET EASIER! You'll love the break and will get things done while Joshua will enjoy the break, too, and will make new friends!

newmanfamily said...

How was the first day?
Lori